« Home | Jacob and his new name, Israel » | Blind Man of Bethsaida » | Cottage Resort in Mirik, April 2004 » | Isaiah 41.10 - A Great Promise » | Little Church at Mirik » | Keep Knocking » | Mirik Lake, April 2004 » | Stand Still » | God moves in mysterious ways » | Mirik, Tea Garden workers, relaxing » 

Saturday, December 03, 2005 

An Adventure in Canada

You'd like to hear this! I was in Canada, in Montreal. I wanted to go to church. Quebec is a Roman Catholic province. Most Canadians in this region don't go to church. I was not happy with the biggest evangelical church in Montreal; it was too smug and superficial.

What to do? I was a stranger in Canada. The nearest assembly was in Ottawa, two hours away. And there was another in Toronto, 500-600 kms away, where a pastor from Lansing, Michigan was visiting! There was a burden in my heart. I must go to church on Sunday!

Just a burden! Just a longing! For fellowship, for worship! The Lord can do wonders. He provided me with Sri Lankan friends [I had never met them before! It is just that we loved Christ! We went to different churches, but we had one thing in common: we loved Christ!]

They took me by road in their car, all the way, with a spicy Sri Lankan lunch in the bargain! En route we witnessed to people by giving out tracts! And so I landed at Toronto,Friday night, in a house where I had never been before! [But my friends, Indians, were friends in Christ!]

The next day my Lansing friends [whom I had never seen before! but they loved the Lord!] arrived and took me to Niagara Falls. The Falls are bigger on the Canadian side! [And we witnessed to people! and had a great time!]

Sunday, worship at Missisauga, a splendid dinner, [I almost missed the train!] and I came back to Montreal Monday morning! What a whirlwind trip! What a Lord! [Psalm 136.4]

About me

  • I'm prolix
  • From
My profile

Links/My Other Blogs

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from prolix6x. Make your own badge here.
    Day by Day with Christ

    Promote Your Page Too
  • Desert Streams
  • Jottings
  • Reflections
  • Promises
  • Musings
  • Prolix
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License
This blog and its sister blogs are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.